fmSMS v3 is designed to work with FileMaker Pro v12 – if you are after a version for FileMaker Pro v10/11 please visit the download page for fmSMS v2.
Click below to download a 14 day trial version of fmSMS v3 for Macintosh/Windows:
fmSMS Trial (requires FileMaker Pro v12): Mac/Windows (3.9mb)
The download is a .zip file – please make sure you unzip/extract the .zip file first before opening fmSMS. On Windows this can be done by right clicking the .zip file and select “Extract All”. On the Macintosh you can simply double click the .zip file to unzip the file (if it was not unzipped automatically after it was downloaded).
To download and test fmSMS for 14 days please complete the following steps:
- Unzip/extract the trial version that you have downloaded. On Windows this can be done by right clicking the .zip file and select “Extract All”. On the Macintosh you can simply double click the .zip file to unzip the file (if it was not unzipped automatically after it was downloaded)
- Create an account with one of the supported SMS Gateways that you would like to use. Note your SMS Gateway trial/test account username and password as you will have to enter these into fmSMS. Most SMS Gateways will send messages internationally, but some are restricted to specific geographic regions.
- Some Gateways require additional information to be entered info fmSMS – these are covered in the Account Notes field in the Gateways database. If you are using the Clickatell SMS Gateway you will need to enter the HTTP API ID into fmSMS – see the Clickatell HTTP API page for details:http://www.fmsms.com/clickatell-http-api-id/If you are using the Clickatell US Small Business solutions then the HTTP API ID is created automatically for you – see the Clickatell USA Small Business page for details:http://www.fmsms.com/clickatell-us-small-business-two-way-and-fmsms/
- To enter your SMS Gateway username/password click the Accounts button in the Navigation bar across the top of the screen. Click the New Account button to create a new Account, then select your Gateway from the list and then enter your Gateway username and password into the fields. Read the Gateway Notes field to see if you need to enter any additional details. For example Clickatell requires that you enter your HTTP API ID, which you enter into the Custom Text 1 field
- Click the Set as Default button at the top of the screen to make this Account the default Account to be used when sending SMS messages
- Click the Senders Navigation button and verify that your Name, Mobile Phone number (enter it as you would dial it in your Country) and Country have been entered correctly
- You are now ready to send your first test SMS message. Click the Contacts Navigation button – a Contact with your details should appear, otherwise you can click the New Contact button and enter your Name, Mobile Phone number (enter it as you would dial it in your Country) and Country. Now click the New SMS button to create a new SMS to this Contact record
- Enter some text into the Message Body and then click the Send Message button to send yourself a test message
For more information and help please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.