fmSMS v4 requires FileMaker Pro v16 or later.
The download is a .zip file – please make sure you unzip/extract the .zip file first before opening fmSMS. On Windows this can be done by right clicking the .zip file and select “Extract All”. On the Macintosh you can simply double click the .zip file to unzip the file (if it was not unzipped automatically after it was downloaded).
For help with getting started with fmSMS v4 please see our Getting Started page.
To download and test fmSMS for 14 days please complete the following steps:
- Unzip/extract the trial version that you have downloaded. On Windows this can be done by right clicking the .zip file and select “Extract All”. On the Macintosh you can simply double click the .zip file to unzip the file (if it was not unzipped automatically after it was downloaded)
- Create an account with one of the supported SMS Gateways that you would like to use. Note your SMS Gateway trial/test account username and password as you will have to enter these into fmSMS. Most SMS Gateways will send messages internationally, but some are restricted to specific geographic regions. If you are not sure which Gateway to use we recommend Twilio.
- To enter your SMS Gateway username/password click the Accounts button in the Navigation bar across the top of the screen. Click the New Account button to create a new Account, then select your Gateway from the list and then enter the required credentials into the fields as specified in the Gateway Notes field. Read the Gateway Notes field to see if you need to enter any additional details.
- Click the Set as Default button at the top of the screen to make this Account the default Account to be used when sending SMS messages
- Click the Senders Navigation button and verify that your Name, Mobile Phone number (enter it as you would dial it in your Country) and Country have been entered correctly
- You are now ready to send your first test SMS message. Click the Contacts Navigation button – a Contact with your details should appear, otherwise you can click the New Contact button and enter your Name, Mobile Phone number (enter it as you would dial it in your Country) and Country. Now click the New SMS button to create a new SMS to this Contact record
- Enter some text into the Message Body and then click the Send Message button to send yourself a test message
For more information and help please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
We have also published a series of short training videos that cover the various aspects of using fmSMS.