Back in 2015 Telstra launched a beta of their SMS Messaging API and fmSMS was one of the first commercial solutions to support the Telstra API. Telstra have recently released v2 of their Messaging API which includes a number of new features including:
- dedicated number: you can provision an Australian mobile number for your account via the API
- send SMS and MMS messages
- receive messages to your dedicated number
- delivery status: query the delivery status of your messages
- callbacks: automatic notifications of message delivery status to a callback URL
- alphanumeric sender ID support
- concatenation: send messages up to 1900 characters long and Telstra will automatically segment and reassemble them
- scheduled delivery: delay the delivery of submitted messages
Now that the Messaging API is out of beta there are a number of plans to choose from. You can start with a free trial which includes 1000 free messages and a dedicated mobile number. They also have a PAYG plan with no fixed term contract and messages are 6c per message, as well as an Enterprise plan.
You can download a trial version of fmSMS to test the Telstra SMS API using their Free Trial. When you purchase fmSMS you get the PHP files to use for automatic delivery status updates and automatic replies into fmSMS. Please contact us if you have any questions about fmSMS and the Telstra Messaging API.